Wednesday, April 4, 2007

JP: Maquette Sketch



Dela,

Here is the posing for a maquette of Madame Valentine based on the character sketch and a side view. The hand is off in the sketch so I also posted up the painting because it has more information. I went to Cameron's class to see what he would say about an armature and I got a lot of great information there, so if the drawings are working for you, please let me know and I will start on the sculpt. I think the doll's heads are going to be a pain, but I think if I can find a way to streamline the heads, it will be worth it. Cameron also said if there is an opportunity to use other materials like wire, glass eyes, or rope, that can add visual interest, so I might consider thin wire for the thread on the dress.

Thanks!

1 comment:

Dela Longfish said...

JP,
Looks good man, get crackin'. Can't wait to see it when it's done.