Monday, April 16, 2007

JP: Sculpt Turnaround





Hey Dela,

Here are some photos of my maquette. Jeff gave a really great crit on Saturday. He talked about clarifying the forms into shapes that will read at large and small scale and considering how the forms fit into eachother and "work" in terms of how they would be made in something like Maya or even as a costume. He said I captured the mood of the concept drawing, but I could design the shapes better. He also said that I should probably set this aside and think of it as my first sculpt, but to move on soon to new, better sculptures using the comments from Saturday.

It was an inspiring class, and in the end I enjoyed the project, doll heads and all. I am sure you and Jeff will probably have similar crits, but if you have any other comments, please let me know.

Thanks!

No comments: